ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS 2011

Discuss the latest news and everything System of a Down.
systemofadownlive

Re: ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS 2011

Postby systemofadownlive » July 14th, 2011, 8:10 pm

2eroSOAD wrote:So they rehearsed for 6 weeks but Serj only was there 3 of the 6 weeks?

he was in boston working on prometheus bound for the first couple months of 2011

Sugest

Postby Sugest » July 14th, 2011, 8:34 pm

hack wrote:
ferranico23 wrote:
-Shavo interview on Bassiste magazine: *French

Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3
Scan 4
Scan 5

Credits to Daron Pliskin

Can anyone who speaks french translate these?

I'm french:

Why this separation?
First of all, I accepted this separation telling me that it will allow the band to come back stronger; we are together since 14 years now. Everyone is thinking that we are separated now, but we are just taking a break, like I said a couple of times on myspace, facebook and twitter. We wanted to get back last year, but it caused a conflict amount some members of the group. I never thought this pause was going to take 5 years, 3 years at best... I had only one thing to say: we will be back and we are.
Why this pause than?
We took a break to get forward in our personal project; it has nothing to do with friendship between band members. All our personal stuff doesn’t need to be related with SOAD.

boring...

In repetition: 5 times a week since a month and a half with John and Daron. Serj joined us 3 weeks ago. We have all change a little bit: I’m less wild, especially on scene. I won’t be on 4 meters high platform and won’t drink as much as before. You will see on scene a Shavo more dedicated to his music. ...
No growl anymore, we have changed! Like for « Know », which I wrote in 95, we have replaced growls by singing parts. It’s clearer, more adult, we grow up. It’s more casual (for a larger public) and for the hardcore fans... If you wanted to hear the same song by the old band, go buy the CD.
I respect France, it’s the first country to recognize the Armenian genocide.
What do you have to say about the rumor that Daron had record all bass lines on Mezmerize and Hypnotize?

I already heard that and it’s false: I had recorded all bass lines in 3 weeks. But this double album wasn’t made like the other ones. If you listen Attack, Lonely Day and then Forest, you can clearly hear the difference between my bass style and Daron’s one. He wanted that I follow more closely his guitar partition, but I refused. I wanted to play what it will fit best for the song. So Daron had redone my parts by doubling (x2) guitar when I wasn’t there. It wasn’t about I wasn’t able to play it, but the idea that he was telling me how to play after 15 years in this band was insupportable. He didn’t backstab me, I told him: « If it’s that you want, than do it ». In the end, they mixed our parts. By listening to the album, I can clearly say who is playing which parts and I’m sure that you are also able. The ones that sound groovier are mine.

So you would have preferred that Daron adopt the songs to your style?
When I write a song, I think for the group. I thinking to all band members when I wrote Dreaming. When writing Mind and Sugar, I wasn’t there yet and I wrote them just for me. The second part of Sugar (I sit... My desolate room) was already written by Daron in his previous band and we have mixed our parts. I wrote Toxicity in my bedroom at my parent’s house. When I presented it to the band, everyone liked it, but we have putted aside. Just before finishing the album, Daron have told us: Wait a second, do you remember Shavo’s song? » He played it and it became the title of the album.

Last question and I need to ask you. New album?
We will stay together only if we are happy. If everything goes well, there will be one. I hope so.
----------
I didn't translate the Achozen part and the things that we already knew. It's a rough translation, I didn't plan to do it, but I had 5 minutes free. Better than nothing. So, Shavo composed Toxicity (the song)?!?

pedro

Postby pedro » July 14th, 2011, 11:11 pm

BOW DOWN TO SHAVO, MASTER COMPOSER! :lol:

wasn't expecting that. BTW, it's good to know they could do something new in the future, and judging for newer performances, they look happy. FUCK YEA.

and well, MAJOR THANKS SUGEST!
We've been trapped as the victims of the system... - Serj Tankian

2eroSOAD

Postby 2eroSOAD » July 16th, 2011, 10:37 am

Cool and interesting interview, nice read

FilipHolm

Postby FilipHolm » July 16th, 2011, 3:40 pm

I've heard somewhere before that he wrote Toxicity... Did not know he wrote the majority of Sugar though, that's very cool
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/FilipHolm9

Or just add me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/filipekholm
Or Both... Or none of them...

Cracker

Postby Cracker » July 16th, 2011, 4:21 pm

I'd always assumed that the main riff was Shavo as he always seemed to eek it out and stuff on stage and it is quite a bass groove so would seem appropriate really for it to be Shavo.
"In God We Busk!"

Postby 831 » July 16th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Didn't shave write bounce and u-fig too
"Your remainder is an unjustifiable egotistical power struggle
At the expense of the American dream"-A.D.D

systemofadownlive

Postby systemofadownlive » September 29th, 2011, 11:14 am

new interview w/ john from chilean radio. unfortunately dj translates WHILE john is talking. but it's still easy to understand the questions:
1. why haven't they toured south america before?
2. which member of the band wanted to reunite the most?
3. why go on hiatus in 2006?
4. ?????
5. Future for Serj, Achozen, SOB

ferranico23

Postby ferranico23 » September 29th, 2011, 11:48 am

systemofadownlive wrote:new interview w/ john from chilean radio. unfortunately dj translates WHILE john is talking. but it's still easy to understand the questions:
1. why haven't they toured south america before?
2. which member of the band wanted to reunite the most?
3. why go on hiatus in 2006?
4. ?????
5. Future for Serj, Achozen, SOB

4 th question is about rumours about that System stop the tour after Chile show.
System of a Down is shit without you!!

2eroSOAD

Postby 2eroSOAD » May 8th, 2012, 8:45 am

"When people are asking, 'When can we get new music from you,' I think it's the biggest compliment in the world," says Tankian. "We have not made a plan to do it as of yet. I think it's something that we'll get together at the right time when we all have that head space and do it. But, you know, it hasn't been that time yet, so I think everyone will know when it is. It's as simple as that."

Here's the full new interview with Serj, but that's the only part he talks about System
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/system- ... 3552.story

Return to “System of a Down”